Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blassreiter


Directed by: Ichiro Itano
Studio: Gonzo, Nitroplus
The series premiere: April 5, 2008 –September 27, 2008
Episodes: 24


This is my second Quest on Screen review.
Rules: Stories are not just limited to the printed page. Many entertaining, moving, profound or simply fun stories are told in the realm of television and film. To participate in this quest simply let us know about the films and/or television shows that you feel fit into the definitions of fantasy, fairy tales, folklore or mythology that you are enjoying during the challenge.



Demoniacs are creatures that were once human. They're able to merge their bodies with just about any technology. Cars, motor cycles...even computers. They use them as a means to purge human kind from the face of the earth, starting with Germany. Oh, did I mention they're an epidemic...yes. They're producing more of their kind through the people they come in contact at an alarming rate. And the worse part is...no one knows how. Their ultimate goal, (aside from wiping out the human race) is to find the ultimate demoniac called the Blassreiter.

That's where the XAT , (Xenogenesis Assault Team) comes in. They're an organisation that attempts to contain the demoniacs and ascertain how they're able to spread so rapidly. Little do they know, they're not the only organization out there who has an interest in the demoniacs.

The way I see it:  There are demoniacs that use their power for good....and not so good to say the least. Some, who have come to this power by choice, and some whom it was forced upon. They also have different levels of consciousness, ranging from mindless drone to pathological, (yet delusional) genius. 

This series has a Large cast of characters, centering around Joseph, who may, or may not be the hero of this tale. All of the characters' stories are introduced at some point in the series, (both human and demoniac) and...much like life...you gain a greater understanding of their actions in looking past the surface. 

The bad, the bad, and the ugly: As I watched the first episode, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this series. It was mainly about a motorcycle race and I didn't feel like it had much depth. In anime however, I've learned that the first one, or even the first several episodes are very much like the cover of a book...it doesn't always do justice to the story inside. So I continued :D

Love it or Leave it: Overall, I'd have to give it a Love it. There were many instances when I wasn't sure who, (for lack of a better term) the "bad guys" were. It really kept me guessing and did it in a way that I wasn't annoyed...lol Also the character stories were integrated almost seamlessly. I enjoyed learning about their past, and the trials and tribulations that created them and were the catalyst for their actions.

4 comments:

Novroz said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like a great anime.
I haven't been keeping in touch with anime lately. I should try watching it again.

Is this based on manga?

By the way, if it's not too much to ask, can you allow name and url in your comment form. This form is a bit difficult for my mobilephone :(

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes, It's called Blassreiter Genetic.
I'm not really sure how to do that, but I'll figure it out. It has to be in settings :D

Felicity Grace Terry said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kelly, Many thanks for visiting me over at Pen and Paper, I really appreciate your comments.

Anime is not something I am very familiar with so thanks for this post.

Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed visiting.

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice to have met you as well. I enjoyed your site very much :D