Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

On My Wishlist - THE WILD ROAD


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. 
I'm not as diligent as BCC, but I do try to post these as often as I can :D


Karavans #3, THE WILD ROAD
Release Date: August 2012

I've been waiting for this sequel since 2007 and apparently, I'll have to wait some more...lol I'm not the most patient of people, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I enjoyed the first two books very much, and for those of you who haven' read them I've added a couple of Publishers Weekly reviews I found on Amazon.

  
From Publishers Weekly - Karavans
The first volume in a new fantasy saga from Roberson (Sword-Dancer) establishes a universe teeming with fascinating humans, demons and demigods, but a multitude of subplots make for a meandering start, with no real action until the final chapters. Fleeing the war-torn land of Sancorra and the bloodthirsty Hecari, who have conquered it, pregnant Audrun, her husband, Davyd, and their four children seek to travel in the last "karavan" of the season. The desperate journey to a new land is made more dangerous by the threat of nearby Alisanos, a place of doom and dark magic that can change locale at will—and for the first time in 40 years Alisanos is on the move. Ilona, a hand-reading diviner, can't see all the danger for Audrun and her family, but knows that tears, blood and grief most likely lie ahead. The karavan's guide, the mysterious Rhuan, has sworn to protect the karavan, but even his abilities may prove inadequate. Nothing is resolved by the end, but the pieces are in place for what promises to be a story of epic proportions.

From Publishers Weekly - Deepwood
At the start of Roberson's complex sequel to Karavans (2006), the mysterious sentient forest, Alisanos, which has moved for the first time in 40 years, surrounds series heroine Audrun, who has given premature birth to a daughter, Sarith. Rhuan, the demigod disguised as a karavan guide who tried to protect Audrun's family, continues to guard mother and child, calling upon his semidivine cousin, Brodhi, for grudging assistance. Other denizens of the deepwood offer aid to Audrun's four older children as Alisanos begins to transform them. In the human world, the karavan settlement has been destroyed by Alisanos's movement. Injured Ilona, the diviner, has lost her gift of reading hands. Jorda the karavan-master, Mikal the tavern-owner and Bethid, a courier, help the few survivors while furthering plans of rebellion against their cruel Hecari conquerors. Readers will be impatient to see what happens in the next volume





10 comments:

Novroz said... Best Blogger Tips

You seemed to enjoy Fantasy a lot ;)

DesLily said... Best Blogger Tips

I am ALWAYS waiting for releases! lol June 28 the new Anne McCaffrey/Todd McCaffrey book comes out! Dragon's Time: Dragonriders of Pern (The Dragonriders of Pern)

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Novroz: Indeed I am a fantasy junkie :D

Pat: When First dug into reading for myself, (not for my children) I picked up a big chunky book that I was determined to finish. It was a difficult endeavor for me, as my reading skills were far from what they are now. That book included, Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon. I cant tell you the sentimental value those books hold for me <3

Carl V. Anderson said... Best Blogger Tips

Is Todd Lockwood the cover artist for these images? I love them, especially the one for DeepWood.

serendipity_viv said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh I love the covers of these. I haven't heard of these books before. Enjoy them.

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Carl: Indeed he is...you have a keen eye sir :D

Vivienne: TY, yes they are lovely, The first two were very enjoyable, I look forward to the next one :D

wheels209 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kelly,
I am a new follower. I found your blog through a comment you made on SQTs site. I was so impressed that you had a post on Jennifer Roberson's books. You are the first blogger that I have come across to feature her books. I don't mind that you are a fantasy junkie. In fact I really enjoy it. Keep it up.

Take care,
Steve

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Steve: Thank you, and welcome :D So nice to come across a fellow Roberson fan. Love, love, love this series...at least we don't have too much longer to wait ;)
Nice to have met you
Kelly*)

Bloggerific_Sam said... Best Blogger Tips

I just noticed your post after doing a search for her third book. I've also been waiting for the third book in Roberson's series and on her website it does have a date of Aug 2012. The bad news? There are four books in the series, but the author wants to return to another series before the last of the Karavans series, arrgh!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's writing and writing what she wants, but I still want to finish this series sometime this decade! :-S

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bloggerific_Sam Oh yay!!! At least we have a date for third one...lol I'm getting old waiting for this series...haha :D Thanks for stopping by