Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

SINBAD: THE FIFTH VOYAGE 2011 ???

Now before you watch this and give me the Really? I must tell you that it's supposed to be a tribute to  Ray Harryhausen’s Dynamation. You remember Dynamation. It was used in movies like  Mighty Joe Young ,  Jason and the Argonautsand The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. Well, maybe some of you are too young to remember them, but I do, and if you ever get the chance to see them, I highly recommend it ;) 


Directed by David Winning
Starring Patrick Stewart, Lorna Raver, Isaac C.
 Singleton Jr., Said Faraj, Shahin Sean Solimon
Release Date: July 18, 2011
Screenwriter: Ev Gabai, Sean Solimon
Giant Flick Films LLC

What's that you say? That voice sounds familiar....well of course it does. Who could mistake the delicious Sir Patrick Stewart :o He plays the aged Sinbad, (his voice anyway). Apparently Sinbad is recounting his tales of adventure. This particular tale involves the saving of Princess Parisa from an evil sorcerer.  It also includes the Pièce de résistance...da da da daaaaa...the cyclops :D

I've been trying to find this film, and honestly It's been a bit puzzling. I thought I'd gotten it narrowed down to a release date of October 2010, but then I see July 18, 2011. I'm thinking maybe it was a direct to DVD release, but I'm still not sure. If it's not abundantly obviously to you by now...I'm perplexed :o any help would be appreciated :D

12 comments:

Melissa (Books and Things) said... Best Blogger Tips

The IMDB is the best source for it... Here is the direct LINK to the movie! It's not released yet. :)

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Melissa: TY :D

Felicity Grace Terry said... Best Blogger Tips

Not a film I had heard of but given that I love all the 'old' Sinbad films it's certainly one I'll be looking out for, thanks for mentioning it.

Kailana said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! Patrick Stewart! He makes everything great. :)

wheels209 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kelly,
I am a huge Star Trek Next Gen fan. However, I think my favorite Patrick Stewart role is in Pagemaster. When his pirate book character kisses Whoopi Goldberg's fantasy book character, in my opinion that is as good as it gets.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Steve

DesLily said... Best Blogger Tips

hmmm imdb says November..but I wonder about the fact it's only going to be 89 minutes long..that's short for a movie theater isn't it?

Shanra said... Best Blogger Tips

Hee! I need to remember this for my dad. We used to have one of the Sinbad movies on tape, but we wound up only having the last bit of it for some reason.

DesLily said... Best Blogger Tips

wow! new look!!!! you've been playing again! lol

Novroz said... Best Blogger Tips

I never heard of that film before and I have quite many movie blogger friends. The trailer doesn't show much attraction IMO.

By the way...love your new look :) the bird is also very cute.i wish I can make a turtle moving around in my turtle's blog ;)

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

Kailana: Doesn't he though ;)

Steve: Lol, sooo true. I haven't thought about that in ages :D

Pat: It is short, but since it's basically a tribute piece, I guess the time and money involved in the Dynamation has to pan out :D

Shanra: Brings back great memories for me as well :D

Pat: Indeed I have...TY :D

Nov: I would see it for sentimental value. I loved the Sinbad movies as a child and this movie is a tribute to the old style special effects:D
A turtle!! That would be perfect for you :D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

The world theatrical premiere release date for: Sinbad The Fifth Voyage (2014) has been set for February 7th, 2014.


Please see IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403862/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

My Gallery of Worlds said... Best Blogger Tips

@Anonymous
Thank you :D