Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fairy Tail Anime

The anime, Fairy Tail is directed by Shinji Ishihira, and premiered on TV Tokyo on October 12, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia is a 17-year-old celestial wizard who wants nothing more than to join a wizarding guild named Fairy Tail.  She meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is traveling the land of Fiore with his partner Happy, a blue flying cat, and that is where her adventure begins.

This anime has a big cast of very entertaining characters. Consistent with many series, they have a deeper, darker past that takes an episode or two or three to cover ;) It builds an understanding of, and connection with these characters that gives me that warm comfortable anime vibe I've become so accustomed to :D Erza is definitely my favorite. I love a strong female lead, and her backstory really drew me in ;)

Hiro Mashima is the Japanese manga artist that created Fairy Tail. I've also discovered he was responsible for the series Rave Master which I enjoyed even more! If you've seen as much anime as I have you'll probably notice a slight aesthetic similarity to One Piece. Yes, I see it too ;) And I have read quite a few spats about it on several threads so I'm not inclined to jump in on it....lol

Overall I really enjoyed Fairy Tail. It had everything I expected, and a surprise or two thrown in to boot! As I often do, I watched it in Japanese and English and found both to be very entertaining :D I would absolutely watch it again. 

0 comments: